EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques)
EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) is also known as Tapping Therapy
EFT was founded by Gary Craig in 1995 who created this effective technique.It is a constantly evolving technique and there are many variations. It is a form of psychological acupuncture working with the same energy meridians as acupuncture, however, where acupuncture uses needles to create change, EFT uses a system of tapping.
EFT is a healing therapy that offers healing from physical and emotional pain. It works by releasing emotional blockages within the body’s energy system. This is done through tapping with the fingers on our energy meridians (located around the head and upper body) whilst focusing on the emotional stresses the individual is experiencing. It has often been described as an emotional version of acupuncture but without the needles.
By tapping on these specific points, we are putting Kinetic Energy into specific meridians, which creates balance.
Essentially it is a technique that addresses the entire mind/body system which includes what you think and how you process your thoughts, beliefs and past experiences along with how your body responds.
This technique is able to reduce or remove the emotional impact of memories and incidents that trigger emotional distress. It is suitable for all ages and it is easy to practice at home enabling you to take responsibility for your own health and well-being.
How Can EFT Help?
There are many positive benefits to the EFT process and experience, which are as follows:
• It can release emotional and physical pain very quickly. Clients often report a decrease in their emotional intensity within minutes.
• There are no drugs or equipment needed in this therapy.
• We don’t have to be in-person for this to work. Sessions can be on-line
• It is very effective in working with aches and pains in the body and the effective release of emotional stress within the body.
• We look to discover past traumatic experiences which have caused blockages in the body’s energy system, once these traumatic memories have been cleared the client will usually enjoy rapid and long-lasting relief.
• It works with recent or very old memories that need clearing from your energetic system. Often there are times when you can’t access the memory, but you know what you are feeling. In these instances, there are techniques to help to tune in to the subconscious mind and access these memories in order for them to be cleared.
• It often works where nothing else seems to. This is because the issue is stemming from an emotional root and not a physical one.
• Can be self-applied after guidance. In this way, EFT becomes a tool for life, one that you can use whenever you are feeling emotional or physical pain.
EFT (Tapping Therapy) can be used for many issues including:
Fears and Phobias
Self Esteem / Confidence
We can work together on a 1-2-1 basis online or face to face.
In this routine, we will be working on 12 standard meridians.
How many sessions will I need?
Ultimately, you are in control of how many sessions you would like to book, and I will be guided by you.
For deep-rooted negative emotions, a few sessions may be recommended. Some issues take longer to resolve than others but that’s not because of their intensity or longevity. Rather it is because of their complexity, i.e., the number of aspects involved. Aspects are different parts of the issue that contribute to the emotional intensity.
Towards the end of the session, I will give you some self-tapping tips to take away and use for yourself at home. I can also recommend the use of a Chakra blend of doTERRA Essential oils which will enhance your EFT session, which can be discussed in your consultation.